Please visit the website - http://www.bose.res.in - for Faculty profiles and research interests.
The Campus :
A 30-minute drive from the Kolkata Airport, the S N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences has a 15-acre
lush green campus with access to various facilities within and in the vicinity -
- Equipped Lecture halls (3 halls with capacity of 50, 70 and 120, respectively)
- Discussion Halls with adequate audio-visual aids
- State-of-the-art computing facilities (with on-campus wi-fi coverage)
- An updated Library with on-line accession facilities to e-journals
- A modern and fully furnished guest house (with 60 rooms)
- A dedicated team of supportive administration
- Multi-cuisine restaurants and shopping complexes
- A variety of budget and luxury hotels with convenient connections to tourist attractions in and
Scientific meetings organized in Kolkata have a potentially wide outreach - currently, the number of
active researchers in physical sciences is more than five hundred, the number of students graduating from
various universities in and around Kolkata per year is more than two thousand, and the number of
PhDs produced per year is over a hundred.
The preliminary proposal containing information of the participating institute, short CV of the
conveners of the meeting, along with scope of the meeting and its focus, list of tentative speakers and
topics, and budgetary support requested from the Centre, to be submitted six months before the planned event.
For further information, contact - firstname.lastname@example.org.